AMA, AHRMA

Moderator: Scott

Al Wenzel
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Round 5-AMA National Sidecar MX Series-Results

Post by Al Wenzel »

Hello All,

I apologize for my tardy posting of these results. Busy isn't an accurate description of my life these days. More like buried....

Round 5 of the AMA National Sidecar MX Series was held on Saturday, September 10th at Two-Rivers MX Park in Milliken, CO. In all we had six teams attending, including one Heavyweight mounted team. In fact, the Heavyweight team of Stephen Hennessy and Brian Kohl have picked up the sport very quickly, using brother Dave Hennessy's very nice Wasp-Yamaha. And Brian Kohl? Well, he flew in from Ohio for this event! A good passenger is hard to find and he was a good one from the minute he got on an outfit at the Mid-Ohio round of the series.

This event also marked Paul Stimson's return to Sidecar MX competition, with his regular driver, Chris Johnson. The duo performed flawlessly on their EML-Honda and proceeded to take the overall win on the day. Dave Hennessy & Jim Vietti were also at the event and got around the track just fine for a 3rd place on the day.

Also on hand for this round of the series was Dave Mattson & Martin White on their EML-Honda. Mattson and usual driver Eric Benson were involved in a horrific crash earlier this year at Honey Lake, so it was great to see that they had both healed up a bit. Benson didn't ride, but it was great to see both Eric and Debbie on the weekend helping out at the track. Stand-in driver, Martin White did quite well for his first time at the controls of an outfit and will only get faster.

Richard Myers & Janette Player were also at the event. They used their VMC-Zabel to good effect, securing the 5th position and they did some suspension set-up and testing along the way. It seems like the VMC is working better all the time.

Here are the results:

CHAMPIONSHIP CLASS:
1. Chris Johnson/Paul Stimson (EML-Honda) (2,1) 55 Points
2. Allen Wenzel/Pat Holmes (EML-Zabel) (1,2) 55 Points
3. Dave Hennessy/Jim Vietti (VMC-Zabel) (3,3) 42 Points
4. Stephen Hennessy/Brian Kohl (Wasp-Yamaha) (4,5) 34 Points
5. Richard Myers/Janette Player (VMC-Zabel) (6,4) 33 Points
6. Martin White/Dave Mattson (EML-Honda) (5,6) 31 Points

HEAVYWEIGHT CLASS:
1. Stephen Hennessy/Brian Kohl (Wasp-Yamaha) (1,1) 60 Points

The next round of the series is on Saturday, September 17th at Sandia MX Park in Albuquerque, NM.

For current series results and points standings please check out:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/amrace/2005/smx/index.asp

I hope to see a good showing of teams in New Mexico. See ya there!

Al,

Allen L. Wenzel
AMA-National Sidecar MX Series Coordinator
Sidecar MX is the ultimate Team Sport...