building a sidecar

Questions and answers about mechanical things, sidecar construction, riding techniques, etc.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

diesel_lv

Re: building a sidecar

Post by diesel_lv »

Hi, I'm new here. I have a '94 Sportster that is puting out 80lb/ft torque at the tire. I have stripped off anything that is not neccessary and it weighs about 425lbs. I want an off-road style tube sidecar that bolts on. Can carry gear or a solo passenger. I like the idea of an expanded metal floor and bare minimums to keep weight down. I have found no designs and would be greatful for any help.

Thanks in advance.
John Wilson
John Wolverson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by John Wolverson »

Hello John, I would be more than pleased to help you with your proposed sidecar project. It is my hobby now to help riders from around the world to construct and fit sidecars to their off road type motorcycles. You can contact me on johnnywolvo@aol.com as I will need photographs of parts of your sportster frame. What bike is it?

Best regards........John Wolverson UK.
james dean

Post by james dean »

hi there ,i,m just new to sidecar world,wanting to build enduro style unit for bmw g650 xchallenge.
any advice or pic would be very good.or any links to drawing and tech
thank you
Mark Pierpoint
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Mark Pierpoint »

:-? Ricardo read through your mails dead intresting only question is if your hand is shakey doing drawings WY are you building a Side Car :?: :thumb:
.HOWAY THE LADS. THE MORE THE MERRIER
Mark Pierpoint
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Mark Pierpoint »

:oops: I hate computers . :hit:
.HOWAY THE LADS. THE MORE THE MERRIER